I’ve named it the “redemption trip”, for reasons that will become immediately apparent. After just about a week of a short but action-packed stay here Joaco left on Thursday back to Barcelona. Let’s see what did we do?
First, just the facts:
- Golden Gate ride.
- Bay cruise (supposed to be Alcatraz.)
- Visit the (closed for Thanksgiving break) Apple campus.
- Twin Peaks overlook.
- Cable car ride.
- Berkeley trip.
- Stanford/Palo Alto visit.
- IMAX The Matrix Revolutions.
- Lots of shopping.
- Lots of geeky things we won’t get into (computers, video, photo, etc.)
Overall, a hell of a lot of things when put all together. But most important of all we got to do one thing that we didn’t get to do last time he was here: spend time together! That is where the feeling of redemption came from.
See, Joaco was here 5 years ago when I was in the midst of an all-consuming product release (MerchantXpert 2.0, I believe) and I did not spend more than a few hours with him, much to my later disappointment.
Anyway, all is now restored in fair balance and equilibrium. Too bad it had to wait 5 years to come full circle!